Creating a website requires a lot of Technical and coding skills. But what about those who don’t know how to code?
Fortunately, we have WordPress and cPanel. WordPress is a content management system that allows you to create websites without code. And cPanel is a web-based graphical control panel that will enable you to create and manage your website hosting like a pro.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a website using cPanel and WordPress. Even if you are a complete beginner.
Choose the perfect domain
The first step in starting website development is choosing a good domain name. It’s a simple yet crucial task since your audience will identify your website through the domain name.
However, finding a good domain can be difficult. Follow the steps below to choose the best domain name for your needs-
- Try to keep your domain name short and simple. Make sure your domain is easy to spell. People remember a domain that is easy to spell.
- A .com domain extension is considered the king of domain extension. Try to choose a domain with a .com extension. People are more likely to visit websites with a .com domain than any other extension as it represents trust.
- Do not use any hyphens, numbers, or double letters in your domain name.
- Avoid copying other brand names with prefixes or suffixes.
- Try to add keywords to your domain name.
- Don’t just buy a domain because you liked it. Do some research, and keep it related to your business need.
- Always try to avoid vague or generic options.
Install WordPress with Namecheap hosting
Once you’ve found the domain name that suits your needs, now it’s time to get web hosting. I recommend using Namecheap web hosting. It is by far one of the best Web hosting providers considering its price and the service it delivers.
- Click here to visit Namecheap.
- Hover your mouse over the Hosting menu. A drop-down menu will appear. I am choosing a shared hosting plan. You can choose what you like.
- Namecheap is currently offering three affordable shared hosting plans- Stellar, Stellar Plus, and Steller Business. Choose one that suits your need. And click on Get Started button.
- Now is the time to buy your domain name and connect it to hosting. Search your domain name for its availability. If the domain is available, click on Connect to hosting button.
- Now visit the cart page and make the payment. Done? Perfect.
- Next, visit your Namecheap dashboard. Here you will find all the domain and hosting plans linked to your account. But we need to visit cPanel.
- Therefore, click on the Hosting list.
- On this page, you can see all your hosting plans. If there are any hosting plans previously purchased, they can also be seen here.
- Now, click on the Go to cPanel button on the right.
- Now, click on the Go to cPanel button on the right. Once clicked, you will be redirected to the cPanel dashboard.
- We are here to install WordPress. To do that, click on the Softaculous App installer from the top left corner. Using the Softaculous App installer, you can install a variety of different CMS on your hosting plans including- WordPress, Joomla, WHMCS, PHPBB, Laravel, and more.
- Now click on the Install button from the WordPress box.
- We are almost there, just two more steps to go.
- Now you need to select the domain name where you want to install WordPress.
- Once the domain name is selected, add the Admin user name and Passwords. These details are required to login in WordPress dashboard. And don’t forget to add an admin email. You will need it to reset the admin username and password.
- And lastly, scroll down to the bottom of that page, add an email where you want to receive the WordPress installation details, and click on the install button. Congratulations, you’ve successfully launched a WordPress-powered website using cPanel.
Design your website with a customizable theme
You’ve successfully completed the first two steps. Now you need to install a WordPress theme. It will allow you to manage and customize your website without any code. To install a theme-
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. You can do so by visiting yourdomain.com/wp-admin.
- Now go to the Appearance section and click on Theme. You’ll find it on the left side of the WordPress panel.
- Click on Add new button from the top left side.
- You can either select any free theme from the WordPress library, or you can purchase a premium theme and upload that theme here. I highly recommend using a premium theme.
- To upload a theme, click on the Upload theme button from the top left side. And upload your theme file here.
Read our blogs to learn how to find the best WordPress theme for your site.
Connect your web pages with menus
At this stage, you’ve selected a domain name, purchased hosting, installed WordPress, and uploaded a theme. Now you have to create a menu to ensure better navigation. To do that-
- Go to the Appearance section and click on the menu.
- Now select all the pages that you want on your Header menu, and click on Add to menu button.
- Once done, click on Save.
Create compelling content for your website
Creating value-oriented content for your website is very important. You can either hire a professional content writer or write the content yourself. If you want to write content by yourself, here is a 4-step guide for you-
- Think about your audience. Never write what you like, always write for your audience. Identify your audience and plan your content type accordingly.
- Make sure your content is easy to read and engaging. Do not bloat your content with unnecessary information.
- Think about search intent and goal. Plan your content accordingly.
- Always be trustworthy to your audience and keep your content up to date.
In the end, now you know how to create a website using cPanel and WordPress. I’ve described each task with step-by-step manner. If you need more information, don’t feel hesitate to contact us.